The Palm Restaurant - Boston
Italian natives Pio Bozzi and John Ganzi opened their first Palm location in New York City in 1926, where initially they wanted to focus on food from their homeland. But the demand for steaks soon had them going in another direction, and in addition to classic Italian fare they began featuring prime steaks.
The Palm continues to be family owned, with multiple locations across the country--and globe--such as this Boston outpost on the lobby level of One International Place in the Financial District. It's substantially larger than the previous Boston location with 8,300 square feet, seating for more than 300 diners and an outdoor dining deck overlooking the Evelyn Moakley Bridge, Greenway and entrance to the Seaport District.
The restaurant's signature, Italian-inspired dishes have been around since the beginning, including family recipes of chicken parmigiana, veal parmigiana and veal marsala. Seafood entrees are also very popular choices at The Palm. The house specialty are premium lobsters from Nova Scotia, plus jumbo lump crab cakes and Atlantic salmon.