The room ambiance & food quality were good. However, the service was BAD. Things we ordered NEVER came (and WERE billed for) & things we did not order (& do not prefer to eat) were brought to our table. In order of occurrence:
1) the table top cloth was pretty WET ALL OVER upon arrival & x 1.5 hours while there. So odd, so gross! Yuck! My wife thought that the undertable surface was washed prior to our sitting & I thought maybe the roof was leaking, but 30 mins into our meal we saw a young man bus boy clean & then prep the lover’s booth just across from us, with him SPRAYING water from a plant mister onto the just applied new top white table cloth. I called to him after & asked him WHY he did that, with his response: “it removes wrinkles in the tablecloth.” Omg, so THAT was why our tabletop cloth was VERY WET ? Come on, totally gross;
2) The requested gourmet bread selection never came after our order or before or with the delivery of our yummy appetizers, so I asked a passing bus boy for it again, with it finally brought as we were finishing our apps & as the main courses were being prematurely delivered by a young man food runner;
3) yep, as we were enjoying & finishing our 3 ordered apps, a young gentlemen food runner came with our 2 entrees. What? A cafeteria or taco shop? Correct, I asked for our Server, the absent “Grace”, & explained to her that no one seemed to coordinating our service at all. Removing our just cooked dinners “to keep warm in the kitchen” while we finished our apps & rested a bit & chatted more seemed not best. Re-heated gourmet food? Come on. We rush-finished our apps to make way for more the next course. Not good;
4) my very expensive lamb entree ($60.) was served medium-rare, not as ordered, medium-plus. Yuck. Yes, I ate the more cooked ends & asked the bus boy for a take-home box so I could cook the near raw inner meat more at home & have tonight (correct, Grace was not around then too);
5) non-ordered brussel sprouts were given to us (correct, we do NOT eat them & did NOT order them) but NOT our ordered (& later billed for) $11. snap peas side dish. They never came. We just watched to see IF Grace would notice…but she did NOT. Huh. What? And she placed that ordered item on our final bill? Yep. Come on. Charging for things NOT given? A crime;
6) and as above, a FALSE & OVERCHARGED final bill handed to me by Grace, with me having to later find her (“where is our Server”) & tell Grace & then re-calculate the bill in my head - $11 + - tax, about $12. They charge customers for things NEVER ordered or delivered to the table?;
7) yes, the gourmet restaurant dinner experience SHOULD have been what they advertise & charged for. It wasn’t.